Strobe Modding
Welcome to our site! Please take a moment to register or if you already have an account, LOG IN now.
Strobe Modding
Welcome to our site! Please take a moment to register or if you already have an account, LOG IN now.
Strobe Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[TUT] TXD Editing in TXDWorkshop

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Reckless
Admin
Reckless

[TUT] TXD Editing in TXDWorkshop Empty
PostSubject: [TUT] TXD Editing in TXDWorkshop   [TUT] TXD Editing in TXDWorkshop Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 2:37 pm

How to use TXD Workshop properly!

People usually get errors with Txd workshop, etc so I decided to make a tutorial on how to use it properly.

Requirements

TXD Workshop
Photoshop

Just click the tool name to download. You can use any other image editor, like Paint Shop, Paint but I think Photoshop is better.

Firstly, you always need to make sure your SA Folder is NOT read only! Right click your San Andreas folder (located at C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas)
Uncheck read only (as the image is)

Now make a backup copy of your SA Folder. If you have lots of disc space, make a copy of the full folder, if not just backup the models.

(I make a folder called, backup and copy the models folder in, before modding it)

Now run TXD Workshop, then you will have two options. Open IMG, Or Open TXD.

I'm gonna choose, TXD.

Now you need to choose a TXD To open. For files like generic.txd, particle.txd, these are located in C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\Models

Open it up.

Now, make a folder somwhere, call it SA Textures, or similar. Now choose a texture you want to edit, click it once, then go to export>PNG.

Do not choose .bmp.

You can choose .TGA, Too.

Now save that texture somewhere, and open it up with photoshop, or whatever you're using.

Modify the image, then go to file>save, not save as. Now import the edited one (by clicking import, then browse for your file. Now double click it, or click open. Whatever one that works better for you.

It should import fine, if not tell me what it says.

Here is a little FAQ.

Q: I get a stream read error when i import.

A: Either,
You don't have TXD Workshop 3.5+
You saved the file as a .bmp
You used a different image, but not the right size. The sizes are,
16*16
32*32
64*64
128*128
And so on.

You do not want to set them high too, it's file size will increase, and the game will be slow (if you have a slow PC, Keep it small for slow PC's)

Q: The thumbnail for a texture appears textured, but when i select it, it is white! Why?

A: It is an alpha texture. This should not happen with textures that do not have an alpha.

Q: I edited the .txd, but when i look in-game, it hasn't changed?

A: There are a couple of reasons for this,
You edited the wrong .txd
You didn't save.
Also I find this happened a few times on Vista. Right click TXDWorkshop.exe, click properties, click the compatibility tab, choose Windows XP Service Pack 2, then click apply then ok.
Also, right click TXD Workshop.exe, and choose "Run as Administrator"

Q: I get an error, when i Exit, But everything imported fine.

A: That's fine, i don't know why that happens, but it shouldn't affect the texture.

Q: I get an error when importing, something like "Acess"

A: Try a different version of TXD Workshop, and make sure you've done as above [TUT] TXD Editing in TXDWorkshop Wink
Also, the textures you exported could be read only. Right click it, click properties, and uncheck read only then click apply then ok.

I hope this has helped you with TXD Workshop.

If any images say "User posted Image", tell me, I will fix it as soon as I can.

Also, for the errors you may need visual basic runtime files or .net framework.

Instead of opening gta3.img, then replacing textures, Download IMGTool or similar, open gta3.img, find a Txd you want to edit, extract it somewhere, then open that txd with TXD Workshop. This should work fine, I do this all the time and it works fine.

After editing the texture, import it replacing orginal, go to file>save, then go open gta3.img, and replace the orginal txd with the editing one, then rebuild archive.
Back to top Go down
http://strobemodding.nstars.org

[TUT] TXD Editing in TXDWorkshop
Page 1 of 1