Strobe Modding
Welcome to our site! Please take a moment to register or if you already have an account, LOG IN now.
Strobe Modding
Welcome to our site! Please take a moment to register or if you already have an account, LOG IN now.
Strobe Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Help Expand our community! [Please read]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Brad

Brad

Help Expand our community! [Please read] Empty
PostSubject: Help Expand our community! [Please read]   Help Expand our community! [Please read] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 8:12 pm

As some of you may have realized, we are not on a real host. By this, I mean a paid hosting. Now, with all the member joining so quickly, I have a great feeling that we will be taking off very soon, if not already.

To this effect, we will sooner or later need a real host with professional forum software. Now, as you can tell by me getting to my point, we will be needing donation money. This is for things such as a forum, hosting, ad free website and various things to help improve the community.
I have been in the web hosting community for quite a while, and have researched the cheapest prices for the best efficiency around. This being said, I am looking to raise AT LEAST $10. This will be able to just barely buy us hosting for a month. On that note, the more, the better. If we could raise $15-20 we will be able to buy our hosting for two months. And some more things for the site which are needed such as a parked domain.

Also, if we can hit our $15 mark, I will be willing to get us a copy of vBulletin. This is one of the highest regarded forum software’s around and preferred by everyone from professional web designs to gaming clans. With all this being said, for $15 we could have a domain(i.e strobemodding.com), emails for administrators, teams and other various things(Such as, support@strobemodding.com) for easy use. There are many plugins that are widely available for vB also, such as chat programs, advanced download centers and image galleries.

Seeing as we have 24 members, if everyone could just donate $1, we will be over our mark. Now, seeing as most of us don’t have a way to do so, I’m asking everyone that can to donate just $5 (That’s what, not buying your coffee and biscuit at McDonalds for one day? Very Happy ). If we can get 4, hell, even three people to donate a sum of $5, we will have a real website and forum setup within a two days max.
So to help Reckless and the rest of the community expand, please donate! Also note that this is a ONE time thing, we need the money to get going. After that we will be able to pay for the expenses out of our own pockets (Reckless and I). So don’t think this is just a post of me begging for money, think of it as a way of expanding a great community that cares about it’s members.
(Info on donating will be updated when I get a chance to contact Reckless and sort out Paypal accounts for this).

Help Expand our community! [Please read] Paypal_button1

~Reckless & Brad.
Back to top Go down
Brad

Brad

PostSubject: Re: Help Expand our community! [Please read]   Help Expand our community! [Please read] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 10:17 pm

Added a donate link, "Click here to donate now!"
Back to top Go down
Reckless
Admin
Reckless

PostSubject: Re: Help Expand our community! [Please read]   Help Expand our community! [Please read] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 10:18 pm

Bumped, donate button added to portal, also to original post. Brad, proceed.

-Reckless
Back to top Go down
http://strobemodding.nstars.org
Reckless
Admin
Reckless

PostSubject: Re: Help Expand our community! [Please read]   Help Expand our community! [Please read] Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 6:34 pm

StrobeModding.com will be online in 2-3 days, if all goes well.

-Reckless
Back to top Go down
Brad

Brad

PostSubject: Re: Help Expand our community! [Please read]   Help Expand our community! [Please read] Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 8:31 pm

Strobemodding.net in the works, everything is being setup now. Expect more updates.

~Brad
Back to top Go down
TommyGavin

TommyGavin

PostSubject: Re: Help Expand our community! [Please read]   Help Expand our community! [Please read] Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 8:47 pm

Well which is it, .com or .net?
Back to top Go down
http://www.sfr-gta.com
Brad

Brad

PostSubject: Re: Help Expand our community! [Please read]   Help Expand our community! [Please read] Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 10:28 pm

.net, don't listen to that stoner Razz
Back to top Go down
Reckless
Admin
Reckless

PostSubject: Re: Help Expand our community! [Please read]   Help Expand our community! [Please read] Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 10:50 pm

It was meant to be .com, but SOMEONE decided to register strobemoding.com so we have to use .net :/

-Reckless
Back to top Go down
Brad

Brad

PostSubject: Re: Help Expand our community! [Please read]   Help Expand our community! [Please read] Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 10:57 pm

Shhh! D:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help Expand our community! [Please read]   Help Expand our community! [Please read] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help Expand our community! [Please read]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Strobe Modding :: Main Office :: News/Announcements-
Jump to: