Strobe Modding
Welcome to our site! Please take a moment to register or if you already have an account, LOG IN now.
Strobe Modding
Welcome to our site! Please take a moment to register or if you already have an account, LOG IN now.
Strobe Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[TUT] How To Install Mods in GTA:SA

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Reckless
Admin
Reckless

[TUT] How To Install Mods in GTA:SA Empty
PostSubject: [TUT] How To Install Mods in GTA:SA   [TUT] How To Install Mods in GTA:SA Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 1:59 pm

In this tutorial you will learn how to place mods in your "gta3.img" file in your GTA San Andreas models folder.

First of all the "gta3.img" files is the one that haves most part of the game models, textures, collision files, some path nodes and some animation files.

Things you can install in SA with the "gta3.img" file:

• Car mods.
  • Weapon mods.
  • Player mods.
  • Map mods.
  • Any texture mod.

There also others files with the ".img" extension, like "player.img" that has all the player clothes and vestments you can buy in the game, including the hair styles also.

What do you need to install mods in the IMG's?

• An IMG editing tool.

Note that not all released IMG editing tools work with every GTA. It is recommended you find the very latest release of a program in order for it to work with the latest games. Always read the readme.

Some common IMG editing programs are:

You can find them in the Tools section of GTAGarage (Gtagarage.com).

Now that you downloaded the IMG Tool you can open it, the first thing you will see is this:

[TUT] How To Install Mods in GTA:SA Gtatool1wn2

Well, now you can open the "gta3.img" file from the models folder of your GTA San Andreas. When done the IMG TOOL will load all the archives that are inside the IMG file, this can take some time depending of the computer. When done you will see something like this:

[TUT] How To Install Mods in GTA:SA Gtatool2ts7

There you will see all the files inside the gta3.img. Now i will teach you how to ADD new files in the archive. In fact most of the mods are for replacing existing files, like cars, weapons ans so on. But for example in my Zombie Mod "BioHazard Alert" you have to ADD 2 files, "Leon.dff" and "Leon.txd". Check this image:

[TUT] How To Install Mods in GTA:SA Gtatool3bs4

You have to click "Commands" then "Add" and now you have to search in your computer the files you want to ADD to your gta3.img. In my example case the "Leon.dff" and then the "Leon.txd" . Alway add or replace 1 file at at time.

[TUT] How To Install Mods in GTA:SA Gtatool4mg0

Now when you have to Replace an existent file you first have to search it in the gta3.img, to do this you have to go to "Edit" then "Search", type the name of the file you have to put as a replace in the gta3.img. For example: you have to replace the "ballas1.txd" file because in my mod is a Zombie Texture included in the Fix Patch, you type that "ballas1.txd" in the search and the IMG Tool will search it. Now you are ready to replace:

[TUT] How To Install Mods in GTA:SA Gtatool5xd5

Click on "Commands" then "Replace" and search for the exact file the IMG Tool found, in your computer. Then hit ok and the old "ballas1.txd" will be replaced with the one you have.

Thats all for Adding or Replacing files in the IMG's files. I hope you learned something useful today.
Back to top Go down
http://strobemodding.nstars.org
Brad

Brad

PostSubject: Re: [TUT] How To Install Mods in GTA:SA   [TUT] How To Install Mods in GTA:SA Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 2:00 pm

I personally prefer Spark, just drag > drop > and save! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Reckless
Admin
Reckless

PostSubject: Re: [TUT] How To Install Mods in GTA:SA   [TUT] How To Install Mods in GTA:SA Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 2:10 pm

Brad wrote:
I personally prefer Spark, just drag > drop > and save! Very Happy

I personally use Spark (except when I have a .dff over 35MB), but this tutorial covers h ow to do it pretty simply and the method will basically work for any IMG editor.

-Reckless
Back to top Go down
http://strobemodding.nstars.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [TUT] How To Install Mods in GTA:SA   [TUT] How To Install Mods in GTA:SA Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[TUT] How To Install Mods in GTA:SA
Page 1 of 1